QuasarDB 3.5.0 released24 December 2019
We are very pleased to announce the immediate availability of QuasarDB 3.5.0.
This release brings a strong focus on performance and querying capabilities.
A new "push fast" ingestion method is available for synchronous, high speed updates. This is a great compromise between speed and data availability.
Additionally, we are very happy to announce that the long awaited ASOF joins and HAVING clauses are now available.
Last but not least, numerous small UX improvements have been added such as better error reporting for configuration files, more context information in log messages, and new error codes.
- Support for LEFT, RIGHT, and FULL ASOF joins between time series
- Support for HAVING clause
- Persistent cache to leverage a local NVMe/SSD disk when data is stored in a remote storage
- Official Prometheus connector
- Newer and faster statistics collection engine
- dbtool can now do offline scanning and repair of timeseries buckets
Fixes and improvements
- Query results are no longer grouped by table by default (breaking)
- In addition to finding by tag, the FIND() keyword support find by prefix.
- If a value and a null value share the same timestamp, ensure their ordering is always preserved
- Chord communications happen in separate, higher priority partitions
- Fixed erasure related bugs
- Improved timeseries data compression
- Significantly reduced trim all memory usage
- Better error context for log messages
- Explicit error message for configuration file errors